Try Our New Audio Service
In this episode of the Local News: Discussion with Sheriff Greg Ahern with the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office about crime, homelessness and other Castro Valley related topics with questions and interactive chat from listeners.
Tonight’s topics include: Let’s talk fireworks
- Introduction to our host, Robert Souza
- Little note about what this radio show is about
- Community chat roll call and introductions
- New Castro Valley News magazine hitting the streets in two week!
- Special links to our past magazines shared here: https://www.castrovalley.news/category/castro-valley/cv-print/year-5/
- Support hyper-local, independent and of-the-moment news! https://castrovalley.news/pledge/
- Fireworks … the third rail … of local conversations within our new site
- Robert comes down on the side of not liking fireworks because of his dogs difficulty with it all
- There was a side show in Oakland that night with 300+ cars. OPD was tied up working that space and did very little fireworks oversight as they were tied up
- Robert talks about years past in the area and how fireworks used to be shared.
- Local numbers were tied up with messages or busy because law enforcement was overwhelmed
- Local reporting on their experiences of the night and how they perceived the night
- Sharing of statistics of the night from local offices, medical crews, and fires
- Discussion of the ‘middle finger’ attitude that seems to be vibing from people who support fireworks
- Recollections about what a ride along is like and how every person is encouraged to try it out and learn about that world
- Mid-way Giveaway from Valley Java is blowing up in beautiful fireworks
- Chipotle is hiring at $16/hour to begin with
- A little talk about COVID-19 and how Robert recently had a scare. Even having been vaccinated. Came up clean. But, scary.
- Are you still masking?
- We have now turned on captioning for all new radio shows! Beginning with this first new episode
- A reflection of a friend who just passed away. Sharing our condolences and memories of love for/with her
- Show wrap up. Thanks for joining us!
Visit our Facebook page to partake with us live. Every Tuesday night, 7pm PT.
For more Local News offerings visit: https://www.facebook.com/castrovalleytv
We invite you to pledge your support to the community through our website: https://castrovalley.news/pledge/
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –